As of 03/10/2014
16,419 -34.04 -0.2%
7,580 -12.11 -0.2%
513 -1.69 -0.3%
4,334 -1.77 0.0%
1,877 -0.87 0.0%
or 15,800 by 03/15/2014
or 7,150 by 04/01/2014
or 500 by 03/15/2014
or 4,150 by 03/15/2014
or 1,785 by 03/15/2014
Written by and copyright © 2009-2013 by Thomas N. Bulkowski. All rights reserved.
This page serves as the main gateway to trading and investing tutorials. Be sure to scan down the entire list because articles are only listed once and yet they may apply to
- Fibonacci retraces and extensions, in price and time.
- Setting price targets using Fibonacci.
The following is from the fundamentals page.
- Capital spending. Stocks showing a decrease in capital spending performed twice as well.
- Dividends. Stocks not paying a dividend outperform 80% of the time.
- Long-term debt. Stocks with no long-term debt underperform those with higher debt 100% of the time.
- Price to book value. Stocks with low price to book value perform better than high ratios 78% of the time.
- Price to cash flow. Stocks with low price to cash flow ratios perform better than high ratios 78% of the time.
- Price to earnings ratio. Stocks with low price to earnings ratios outperform 71% of the time.
- Price to sales ratio. Stocks with low price to sales ratios outperform 71% of the time.
- Return on shareholders' equity. Stocks with low ROSE beat those with high ROSE only 49% of the time, but show promise in a bear market.
- Return on total capital. Stocks with low ROTC beat high ROTC stocks only 57% of the time except during and after a bear market.
- Shares outstanding. Fewer shares outstanding can boost performance the following year.
- Best buy days. Which day of the week is the best one to buy or sell?
- Best buy months. Can buying at the end of the worst performing month and selling at the best performing be profitable?
- Dutch auction tender offers. Can you make money trading these?
- Forecast. Shows a 10-year forecast for the Dow.
- Holidays. Does the market rise or fall before and after holidays? Answer: Fall.
- Market cap. Chart patterns in small cap stocks outperform.
- Seasonality. What are the best months to buy and sell stocks?
- SEC Forms. What do they tell the trader or investor?
- 10-baggers. Find 10-baggers using fundamental analysis.
- Value investing. How to Pick Stocks Using Fundamental Analysis.
- 1-2-3 trend change. How do you know when the price trend is changing?
- Averaging down. Should you average down and when?
- Hold on. How long to you need to hold onto a stock? Find out...
- Make Money. What's the problem?
- Order types. What is a MOC order or stop limit? Find out.
- Position sizing. Reveals a new portfolio position sizing algorithm for limiting losses in bear markets!
- Protect your assets. Seven tips to a safer life.
- Scaling in. Adding to a position may not pay.
- Scaling out. Should you sell a portion of your position?
- Selling tips. Here's a dozen selling tips every trader should know.
- Trade review. Reviewing trades can lead to profits.
- Zero-cost averaging. What is it?
- Chart pattern review 4 A review of simple and complex head-and-shoulders and horns.
- Chart pattern review 5 A review of islands and measured moves.
- Chart pattern review 6 A review of pipes, pennants, and rectangles.
- Flags and high and tight flags. What's the difference?
- Gauging Gaps. This article fills in the gaps.
- Head and shoulders patterns What's to know? Plenty!
- I Like Mike. A case study of a trade I made.
- Inverted dead-cat bounce. The most important event pattern every trader should know.
- Noise. Find out how long stocks and ETFs trend.
- When patterns collide. Two chart patterns, same chart, same time. Which is right? Find out.
Picking Stocks, ETFs, Options
- Adam and Eve patterns. What are they and how can they help?
- Busted chart patterns. The answer to profits?
- Two candlestick tips could improve profitability.
- Candles near the yearly low perform best.
- Congestion quiz. Which is best, a straight-line run or congestion breakout?
- Covered calls. Boost your returns with options.
- Double bottoms, overview. Article explains the 4 varieties.
- ETFs. What you should know.
- ETNs. What are they?
- How to pick stocks, part 1.
- How to pick stocks, part 2.
- Premature buying. Learn how to prevent buying too soon.
- Stocks that double. Discover what attributes they share.
- 3 tips to help you pick stocks.
- 12 tips for stock selection.
- Trading techniques quiz. Test your entry and exit skills by taking this quick test.
Stops, Support and Resistance
- Best stop locations
- Price mirrors. How can they be used for price prediction?
- Stop Placement
- Example stop placement in a straight-line price run.
- Support and resistance. Learn the various types.
- Stan Weinstein has developed a unique stop placement technique.
- Trendline mirrors. Use trendlines to predict price movements.
- The nature of bottoms.
- Finding the Market Bottom
- Predicting the breakout direction: With some patterns, it's easy.
- Drawing 3 point channels. What's involved and how is it done?
- Failure swings. What indicators really say....
- Getting Started in Trading.
- Indicators. Can they be your best friend?
- Market direction. 7 tips to determining.
- 12 Month moving average. Use a moving average to time the market.
- Option trading tips from Bill Greenwalt.
- Oscillator myths. Explains the trouble with oscillators.
- Over trading Are you trading too often?
- Shorting stocks. Tips for shorting stocks?
- Swing rule. A reliable way to predict price targets.
- 3 tips might make your trading more profitable.
- 3 trading mistakes and how to fix them.
- Trading cycles help time your entries and exits.
- Trading quiz. Test your knowledge of technical analysis.
- Trend change detection using a triangle apex.
-- Thomas Bulkowski
Copyright © 2009-2013 by Thomas N. Bulkowski. All rights reserved. Behind every successful man is a woman who made it necessary. -- Harry Mudd.